Friday, January 27, 2006

Scrapbooking







I decided to take a little time today and scan some of our layouts on to here for you to see. I only did a few so far, I'll do some more later this evening. Just wanted to show you a sample of what we've been working on. These in this post are my layouts. They aren't from anything special, just some pictures I liked. The ones that are black with the colors, are from the Polynesian Cultural Center river parade, where all the islands and their "colors" are represented and they dance as they float down the river in the middle of the PCC. It's a nice little show. Not as nice as the evening show, but fun still.

The first layout is from a Christmas a few years ago, just a shot of our blue and silver tree. I think it was the first year we did a blue and silver tree. We've added some stuff over the years so it looks a little "fuller" now, more strung beads, and ornaments and stuff.

The layouts I post later will be from Mom's book that she is working on with all kinds of photos from her childhood. She is working on a really nice themed album where she's using almost all black and white photos, with some nice heritage papers. I think she has enjoyed it, even though its hard sometimes to go through old photos.

We are still hanging in up here. Its been really cold. Dad had a project he was working on outside in the shop, and it was so cold that his diesel heater wouldn't even start, he had to carry it around in the truck with him until it got warm enough to start, and it never did get warm enough for the lights to work. So, it's pretty chilly!!

Our volcano hasn't been doing much of anything lately, just steaming and having little earthquakes, but the excitement seems to have passed for a little bit.

We love you all! Alicia

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! You posted some of your pages! I have been anxious to see them. Nice work. I especially like the Polynesian cultural center layouts. The colored strips on the sides really highlight the colors in the pictures. I am excited to see more later.

Love, Earlene

Anonymous said...

I LOVE TO SEE YOUR USE OF COLOR. I need to scan in a fewe I have made. I haen't done very many. I did do a great one of Johana and Blake in front of the twin towers. Keep up the good work Love Grandma Marilyn

Joanna said...

Now I need to do my pictures from the PCC. I like the idea of doing the colors for the colors of each nation - cool idea.

Thanks for sharing your layouts - I look forward to seeing them!

Now I'm going to go get some scrapping done. (my goal is to do at least one layout each week, and I'm a week behind....)

Love, Joanna