Saturday, February 11, 2006

Snow, snow, snow, snow






We had some big snow storms the last few weeks. the last one came with some big winds and lots of snow, so its really starting to add up around here. There are a couple pictures that are right straight out the downstairs door. You can see the snow there is piled up a few feet deep. Then I took a picture of the snow piles to the side of our driveway. If you look close, you can see the neighbors truck behind the big berms.

Also, as a frame of reference, I put a yardstick in the pictures, just so you'd have something to compare it too. We've had bigger snow piles, but I thought it would be fun to show off what we have now.

Today it is raining and raining, so our snow is now turning into giant piles of ice, which is my least favorite part of living in this area. It's less than fun to get big snow storms, followed by rain and freezing rain. But I guess nowhere is perfect. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the pictures. Love the moose. I CAN'T BELEIVE THE SNOW.lOVE gRANDMA m

Anonymous said...

Brrrrrrr! I have to say I am a little jealous, although that much at once would cause our flat roof to cave in. But, it would be fun to have something more than 3-4 inches. It is 56 degrees here today, although we are still getting down in the teens at night.

Love, Earlene