Saturday, April 15, 2006

The Carper Family

Happy Easter ! ! !
Tonight we went into town for a Tax Day Dinner at Church. We had never had one before, so didn't know what to expect. It was quite random what folks brought. We were going to take deviled eggs on my new sky blue deviled egg plate that I just got in Anchorage, but Alicia couldn't figure out a way for the eggs to get to town without me wearing them by the time we got there, so she suggested we save that treat for tomorrow's dinner. So we just took a chocolate dessert which was very popular and very needed, there weren't very many desserts this time.

Coming home, we got to see Mt. Augustine blowing - the clearest I think I have ever got to see it. It was pretty cool. Then just before we got home, we saw something in the highway, and Brian slowed down in time for us to see a mother moose cross the highway and there was a pair of yearlings on our side of the highway, so he stopped the car and sure enough, they sprinted across the road to join her. They would have smacked right into us if he hadn't stopped. The cool thing was that we are sure they were our moose from last spring. We had several moose run over in our neighborhood this winter and we thought it was them, so it was really good to see them alive and healthy.

Brian was planning to spend his last free week fishing, but they called him today and he has to start his HAZMAT safety training on Monday morning for three days. He doesn't get paid for that. As far as we know, he starts work next Sunday.

We plan a quiet day for Easter. Just a Ham and Deviled eggs and fruit salad. The 4th of July salad is an Easter tradition Alicia started when she lived in Hawaii. It is a nice touch of spring we will enjoy during our Easter blizzard. Sigh. Happy Egg Day to you All. Charlotte

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got to see Swan Lake Sat. put on by Ballet West. It was so fantastic.
I skipped the Easter paries. Everyone has such cold and flu. I have been trying to stay well. I feel a little beter every day.
I made a little cornish hen for Easter dinner. It was good. Love mother

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

glad you had a nice holiday, hope summer comes to you soon - love paul & nicole

Joanna said...

What a fun idea to have a tax day dinner - I never would have thought of doing that! And yum....4th of July salad. To be honest since I've been married I haven't made it. We may just have to add that to our list of traditions for the Ellis family (or maybe just have it with Sunday dinner this weekend) :)

Love ya! Joanna