Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Street Fair


Well the street fair is coming up this saturday and I'm getting kind of nervous. We have a bunch of different stuff to take to the fair, but its just so hard to know if we have taken enough, too much, not enough, the wrong stuff.. . . . You just never know until its time. Tomorrow should be a busy day, we've got to finish getting everything ready that we are going to take with us. We've got metal garden art, a fish cleaning table, 2 gates, rod holders, and some wooden garden people I made a couple of years ago. I hope it goes well, but its scary! :)

The picture here is our bear gate. I also made up a cool brochure to hand to people if they are interested and I printed up a bunch more business cards, so I think we pretty much have the bases covered. As well as we can anyway.

Tomorrow I've got to do a bunch of finishing touches, so that we are all ready by saturday morning, because friday we are going fishing. Our friends from Canada came up, and they are staying in Kenai/Soldotna for a couple of weeks, and while they are up there, they left us their boat! YAY! We're pretty excited. So dad and i are going to take it clamming across the bay, and salmon dipnetting, and halibut fishing. Should be really fun. Dad is going to spend some time working on it tomorrow to make sure all is well and its running good.

I'm hoping to plan a roommates reunion for this fall, for me, and my friends Stephanie and Molly. Steph and I were talking about it tonight. Haven't decided where really, but want it to be somewhere with great shopping that is reasonable to get to, with good places to stay. Any suggestions would be appreciated! We're thinking November, so hopefully somewhere warm. Any suggestions would be appreciated. We're kind of spread all over. Molly is in Maryland, Steph in Arizona, and me up here. Anyway, not sure what will come of that, but fun to think about and plan for.

Other than that, not much is new. We're just doing our thing, and worrying about the street fair! Hope you're all well. Alicia

1 comment:

The Rhiens said...

I love this gate! Nice work. I am glad that some of your things sold at the fair and I bet you'll get more orders as time goes on, as you get more exposure. Good work!

Love, Earlene