Thursday, December 07, 2006

Quiz - Charlotte

Family Christmas Countdown: "
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Hot chocolate with a scoop of ice cream on cold December nights - but then egg nog from Christmas Day to New Years.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
At our house Santa wraps the presents. He doesn't come on Christmas eve - he leaves them there before Christmas
3. Colored lights on tree/house or clear?
Colored for me. All the businesses do clear and they all look the same. Although, we usually do tiny clear lights on the tree so that the focus is on the ornaments
4. Do you hang mistletoe? NAH. If you've ever lived where mistletoe grows, you know it is a fungal parasite that grows on other trees and that kind of ruins the mystique of it.
5. When do you put your decorations up?
As soon as Brian will let me. If it was just me, I would decorate on Thanksgiving weekend, but he doesn't like that. Now Alicia does most of it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)?
Baked Ham, I guess
7. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
We switch off between all the funky old folk ornaments we have collected and made over the years or we do the tree all in blue and silver. We decorate it on the second Sunday of December during the National Finals Rodeo.
8. When Did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember how I learned. When I was about 8, I got to stay up for the first time to be an elf, so it must have been around then. What I learned is that Santa is very busy and he needs lots of elves to help him each year. I still believe he is real.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
SIGH..... Brian's family opens all their gifts on Christmas Eve - some years we have opened them as early as 4:30. GROSS. But I enforce a rule that no Christmas present can leave the living room area until the day after Christmas.
10. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Probably the year we were really poor and I got the hand made marble game that made a lot of noise and some how mysteriously disappeared.
11. Can you ice skate?
Indeed I used to. I learned how in Montana - where the towns have the coolest public ice rinks.
12. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Little House on the Prairie books. I'll write about that later.
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Helping those less fortunate to have a good holiday - Angel tree, or Adopt a family, or whatever.
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Homemade ice cream - made with -20 degree snow instead of ice.
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
the Angel tree shopping or the adopting a family
16. What tops your tree?
I prefer a pointed glass tree topper like we had as kids, but I am stuck with that stupid lighted, tin foil Mexican star.
17. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
OH HOLY NIGHT.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving?
I like them both - there have to be recievers in order for there to be givers.
19. What is your favorite gift you’ve ever given?
One year, when I was 16, Earlene liked this blouse that was really in style and I was making one right in front of her, and I told her it was for me for a party I was going to after Christmas, and then on Christmas morning she opened it and it was for her all along. I like gifts like that that are such a surprise to the receiver.
20. Are you ready for Christmas this year?"
Ummm, I usually start Christmas prep in January, but this year has been a particular year for us, so I'm sort of running around in my brain going AAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!! Although we did get the box to Iraq sent on time.

No comments: