Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentines Story









So I'm totally excited because this is the first Valentine's day that I've ever had someone to share it with! :) Its been so much fun. I ordered a package for Justin yesterday, a little candy basket with a stuffed moose and a rose.

Then tonight at the end of Mutual (I knew something was going on, because mom's been covering her email every time I come in the room, and emailing Justin, and making all these secret phone calls), all the young women and leaders went into the young womens room, but they wouldn't let me in. So I waited in the hallway for a couple minutes, until they had everything set. Then when they let me in, they were standing in a half circle around this chair, with a video player. So they had me sit down, and they hit play on the vcr, and it was cued up to the scene in Seven Brides for Seven Brother, about being a June bride, and they each had a copy of the words, and they sang it to me, along with the video, then gave me my flowers as they sang. It was so cool!! Justin put so much effort into coordinating everything and getting everyone involved. It was so sweet and so AMAZING!!

So here are some more pictures from my awesome day. Justin also got mom some flowers, and arranged for me to be able to sign the card too. its a tradition from his family, where you give the mom flowers on valentine's too. So much fun! I hope I haven't forgotten anything - it was a great day and I'm so happy and excited!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You LOOK happy and excited. I'm glad you had such a good first experience. Love to you, Sandra

The Rhiens said...

Ahhh! How sweet! Congratulations. He sounds like a sweetie. You look great--that smile seems to say it all.

Much love, Earlene, Scott and Julia

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed talking to Justin . i am impressed and am thrilled for both of you, Its a great exciting time so enjoy every moment. Details usually take care of them selves.Love Grandma Marilyn