Monday, July 16, 2007

China Poot Bay

Just wanted to add some pictures to go with my story about going to get the fish. These are pictures I took on the way over, with Justin's camera - its a really nice camera, and I look forward to learning to use it more.
Part of the view to the right as we went into China Poot Bay.
One of the arches cut into the rock with the ocean. I love the color of the water.
Our fish. Red salmon (my favorite - not as big as others, but really good eating, and fun to catch, they have a great texture and aren't too "fishy")
The channel on the way into the bay is pretty much solid rock, with a few plants kind of clinging on the rock. Its beautiful over there. Justin and I would love to live over there, especially if we had fast boat. :)
The pointed peak just off center is China Poot peak, the land in the middle juts out, and you go around the right side to get into the river/bay area. Its REALLY shallow, and you have to go in when the tide is high, or going in, because otherwise you get stuck. We were in about 2-3 feet of water, which isn't a lot for a boat.
Just a view of how green the water was on the way over. Kind of a neat little arch there.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

These are GORGEOUS pictures! What a beautiful place - I'm jealous that you can enjoy beauty like that all the time. Oh Alaska....

jed-laura said...

Thanks- you brightened my day while I'm here working in the middle of downtown dallas. I need to go camping or something...

-Jed