Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Random stuff

This is the bucket of flowers I planted this summer to decorate outside my "new" house, right before Justin and I got married. Just wanted something to brighten up the entrance to my new house.
We painted the railing this last week, and right after I painted a spot I went to the other end of the deck, and then I heard the cat jump down from the area where I had just painted, so I thought there was a good chance he had some paint on him. When we tracked him down later, we saw all the paint. Mostly on his paws and belly. Funny guy.


Here's one of the stellar's jays we get every spring and fall. We put peanuts out for them, then they hide them in their trees and in the garden, and all over the place. They're funny.

2 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Ah! Those stellar jays are gorgeous. We have pinion jays, and they are also a beautiful blue. But, they don't have the tufted head like these do. Beautiful!

Earlene

Anonymous said...

I love the Jays. So bright Blue. I get the pinion jays too. They like an oak tree down the steet and ;pve the acprms in the fa;;. Some of them get quite friendly. Love Grandma Marilyn