Friday, November 30, 2007

Gratitudes

As I have been following Joanna's lead in posting gratitudes this month, I have also been experimenting with changing the way I pray. I have been trying to follow my Grandma's example and learn to pray for specific things instead of just asking for "blanket" blessings. So twice this month, I prayed for very specific things that we needed and both times, our prayers were answered out of the blue. Plus after spending a day fasting, I was very blessed with such a feeling of comfort and hope, and the next morning, we received the answer we had been praying for.

So that is my gratitude posting for today - the Lord blesses us with such tender mercies and we need to be so aware of them.

I have started a gratitude journal as President Eyring talked about in conference - just so we can always remember the times when we have had our prayers so completely answered.
Gratefully, Charlotte

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I've mostly been doing gratitudes on Joanna's site, but I've found it really powerful too. Hope you continue to receive life's bounty. . .

Today, I am thankful for
A Day OFF!!!
That the budget and board mtg went so well yesterday
Blue sky and gold tree (though I wish it would RAIN)
Cheese
Supportive colleagues
Fabric, and color, and art
Glass, beads, stones, things that sparkle
My sweetie
Living in the Bay Area
New shoes
Our gas fireplace
Music
The Internet
My family
The chance I've had to do work that makes a difference

Love to you, Sandra

The Rhiens said...

I'll add mine to both of yours...

Today I am thankful for:
a wonderful, loving spouse
4 beautiful children who have grown into wonderful adults
Our "children's" wonderful, supportive spouses
4 very special grandchildren
a 5th one who is on its way to the world. :)
a mostly healthy body
the challenge of teaching seminary
music! (of all kinds)
laughter
being done with my history class
my stay-at-home lifestyle
luminarias
Christmas season
Our gas fireplace
a comfortable home
a gorgeous world
the love of the Savior
prayer
scriptures
peace
a sweet (but neurotic) dog, Tanger
loving sisters
wonderful, supportive parents
sweaters in the winter
my senses
electricity
and SO much more