Saturday, August 02, 2008

Is this the year?

I'm somewhat conflicted about writing this blog after declaring earlier this year that I would not be attending the Olympics .....

I kind of feel that this is the year for us to petition the Olympic committee about adding a sport that is near and dear to my heart - INDIVIDUALIZED SYNCHORNIZED SWIMMING.

I think that individuals who want to be in the sport and don't have twin sisters, or feminine brothers, are really discriminated against. I mean, maybe someone is an only child and anti-social, should they be denied the right, nee, the privilege of representing their country in this grand sport ??? Is that fair? Is that what this country is all about?? Is that what the Olympics is about? Making poor children, who suffer all their lives from not having siblings, should we be singling them out and mocking them and denying them the great joy of standing on the top of an Olympic platform == just because their parents weren't as fertile as others?

I say, NO !! Do you even have any idea how hard it is to synchornize with yourself for hours and hours under water ? I can tell you, it is not easy. I think the individual synchornized swimmers of the world deserve a voice.

NOW THE QUESTION - is China really the place I want to start this protest. I know to not protest in Tianamin square - I'm allergic to tanks running me over... if I get arrested and shot, will one of you volunteer to pay the .89 cents for the bullet they shoot me with? Or perhaps should I wait for a more friendly place to protest and let the Tibetans take center stage in the protests this year?

Also, they have outlawed dog in all the approved restaurants (of course, you can still get donkey, camel and bugs), but no one is saying if cat meat is outlawed - and being a cat lover, I'm a little uncomfortable with that.

My Chinese is not so good and I might order it by mistake... Also, I have been feeling a little under the weather, if I'm unable to get to China who is willing to take my place and make our voice heard?????

4 comments:

jed-laura said...

wow-

I wish I was more help on this, but I've completely forgotten all my chinese skills, and I totally forgot to get my visa for the games after I found out that you and Mom were sitting this one out.

I think you have a point that synchronizing with yourself for hours on end would be equally as hard as synchronizing with someone else... although I hope you never plan on going solo without mom. I know this would be heartbreaking for her.

After all, she just finished the choreography for your 2012 routine.
-Jed

Brian & Charlotte Carper said...

Oh MY - NO, I'm not abandoning the act, I mean the sport. We are on target for 2012, although I do need to get a passport, I think.

Just as a person gets older, they think more of the world around them and those less fortunate.... so I was thinking of those poor people who try to synchronize with themselves....

:)

(Did I mention that Brian has been gone a lot and I have a LOT of time on my hands??? )

Our son Kade said...

I think you're going to have to take your case for individualized synchronized swimming to the X Games - then people could use cooler music, and really ramp things up. That's my vote - go for the x games!

Ted & Carole Whisler said...

I hate to admit that both of you are my daughters. something went wrong someplace!!!!!

Your Father