Thursday, August 21, 2008

Thanks Joanna for getting us started

Joanna has been really good on Weight Watchers for about a month now and it has got some of us going too. I really appreciate her efforts to get us all going. It is good to have support and encouragement from each other.

So, I started last week. I dropped a medicine that was puffing me up and that dropped 4 pounds last week and I made a concerted effort to stop eating the junk food that I have been surviving on this summer and yesterday at my weigh in - I had lost another 4 pounds.

I also have been tracking my sugars better and actually doing something about the numbers, not just writing them down.

the other thing I have been doing is getting up at a set time (actually 8:00 in the morning) which is really hard for me, as Brian will tell you, my heart actually does not even start pumping until after 10:00 - so for 2 hours every morning, I'm just walking around without a heart beat - but I think it helps me to be more active. I can't work-out like others do, but just being more active will help lose the weight.

I see my doctor next week, so my goal is to lose enough that he won't yell at me for how much I gained this summer. My reasoning was that I was going to have surgery and so I could gain some weight and the stuff they took out in surgery would counter-balance the weight gain. OOOPS. *nervous laugh and red face* That was probably a stupid plan.

Good luck Earlene, on your weigh in.

Alicia is having a hard time finding good foods to eat since she can't eat dairy or fish and we don't have fruit and veggies up here that are readily available. We'll have to do some research to help her. (She has lost 3 pounds, too - yay).

2 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Hooray for both of you! Good work. We can all do this together. It is a matter of thinking and planning and making good choices...it can make such a difference. Way to get up at 8:00. That's a big step.

Hang in there with it!

Earlene

Joanna said...

That is so awesome! So many new, great, healthy decisions. Way to go!

I need to get up earlier too so I can try to fit in exercise. It seems on the days I decide to get up early in the morning Hunter or Gabe decide to get up in the middle of the night and keep us up for hours and hours - so I change my mind about the whole getting up early bit. Hopefully this week something can change in that regard....

But keep at it - and good luck!

Love you!

Joanna