Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Okay, OUCH

I went in to this new dentist today. Haven't been in a while - most of my molars are crowns because I am such a grinder, so there isn't a lot of maintenance on my teeth. Anyway, I had one tooth towards the back that the filling fell out earlier this summer and I kept putting off taking care of it. it was a fairly large filling and took part of the tooth with it.

So finally today, i went in - just to get a new filling put in........... As soon as they took the x-ray, he said it was really deep and awfully close to the nerve and if it was in the nerve they would just go ahead and do a root canal while I was there.

That wasn't what I signed up for today. *frowny face* that money was supposed to be fun money to spend when we go to Anchorage this weekend. SIGH , I have medicaid to cover part of it, but I have to pay for the rest and for the crown. *bigger sigh* So I'm sitting here after a 4 hour dentist appointment, thankfully in Vicodin land, but still ----- OUCH ! And Darn it, I really wanted to get some new furniture and stuff. *pout pout pout*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I truely hate those surprise root canals and crowns. Once I had to put off buying a car; another time I had to scale back my vacation. Fix a tooth instead of buying new furniture. . .

So I sympathize completely.

Enjoy all that yummy cottage cheese, scrambled eggs, yougurt, and applesauce.

Love to you, Sahdra

Anonymous said...

My name is Marcy Barnes and i would like to show you my personal experience with Vicodin.

I am 23 years old. Have been on Vicodin for 3 months now. Is very relaxing, is the perfect medice for pain and eit calms you and mellows you down the best

I have experienced some of these side effects -
constipation, dependecy, nausea and stomach pain at morning.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Marcy Barnes