Monday, March 09, 2009

Stir Fry Recipe

Hi, mom asked me to post the recipe that I used for the stir fry the other day on her blog, so here it is. It was pretty easy, I just used a little bit of whatever we had on hand.

Stir Fry:
Yoshida's teriyaki sauce (we had the costco sized bottle)
ginger (powdered)
sesame seeds
honey
2 very large cloves garlic
1 medium onion, (cut in half, then thinly sliced into half rings)
1.5 pounds thin sliced moose steak (or whatever meat you want)
broccoli florets (frozen)
1-2 stalks celery
half head cabbage thinly sliced
corn starch
rice

Take about 1/2 cup yoshidas sauce, mix with about 1/2 teaspoon ginger, about 1 TBL sesame seeds (more if you like), and 2 big cloves garlic minced (if its smaller cloves I use 3-4), and about 1-2 TBL honey. Whisk together in a bowl, then add thinly sliced meat into bowl. Allow to soak as long or as short as you like. I mix it, then let it sit while I chop the veggies, and sautee the onions. After slicing the onions, pour into hot saucepan with about 2 TBL oil. Sautee until they start to get translucent, then add meat/sauce mixture. Cook until meat is almost completely done (about 5 minutes) stirring often. Add broccoli, celery, and any other vegetable desired (but not cabbage, put cabbage in last). When vegetables are almost done, add cabbage and allow to cook until just limp. While its cooking, take about another 1/2 cup yoshida sauce, more ginger, and sesame seeds, and a little (about 1 TBL) corn starch, and whisk together in small bowl. Pour over pan, and stir. Allow to boil and thicken, and voila, its done! Serve over rice. Its also good with chopped tomatoes (fresh or canned). Sorry the recipe is kind of vague, but it really was one of those - hey I've got some of this, I'll toss it in - recipes. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! Yum!Thanks.Love mother

Laura said...

sounds great, and easy, and GLUTEN-FREE! Thanks
-Laura

Carolee Jones said...

while blog hopping this evening I came across yours and...and how did you know I was craving stir fry?!! I never really follow a recipe ether...so I too can appreciate using whatever is on hand. I think I have most of these...so I'm off to make dinner. THANKS for the follow through idea to kick my cravings into action.
Hugs,
Carolee & Jones girls (Jessica is at work, Krystal is here, just got back from baby sitting, Brittany is comatoose on the couch and Wendy is at Play practice till late..but Stir fry is good even the second time around, hope they'll like it as much as I will)