Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sad, Sad Days

I can't believe it has been more than a year since I posted a blog.  I don't know where some of the year went, but I know what happened to most of it.

In early summer, my mother's mother, my dear Grandma Marian Lusk, and my father, Ted Whisler, both were hospitalized with serious health issues and over summer and fall both continued to struggle.

On November 7, 2010, My Grandmother passed away in Oregon City, Oregon.
On January 11, 2011, My Father passed away in Taylorsville, Utah.

I feel like my legs have been cut off and my heart ripped from my chest and thrown through a wood chipper. 

We will all miss them so very very much.

On a happier note, Brian's life long dream of a hunt in Africa will take place this year - in March, 2011.  We'll post pictures and stories when he gets back.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we love you guys- hope things begin to look up for you. I'm excited for you guys about Africa!!! How cool that will be!

-Jed

Our son Kade said...

Its definitely been a difficult year. I hope things go better this year. Love you :)