Sunday, April 17, 2011

NOISE !!!

I wonder sometimes why I never accomplish anything in the evenings and today I think I figured it out.  When I woke from my nap this afternoon, I had a hundred thoughts I wanted to write down and record to help me with a problem I've been stuck on and when I came out to the living room I couldn't remember any of them.  Just now Brian put the TV on pause so he could put dinner together and the thoughts came flooding back - well, some of them did, I fear some of them are lost forever.  It's the NOISE.  No one can think in this room when that TV is on.  It isn't just the sound really, but also the constant assault of insipid thoughts and stupidity of commercials and reality TV shows. 

It's funny because sometimes I think I am losing it mentally because I can't remember anything or accomplish anything and it is always good to realize it isn't me.... it's my environment. 

No comments: