Monday, September 12, 2011

Chester Arthur Lusk

Well, another sad milestone to record.  My dear Grandfather, C. Art Lusk, passed away on August 18, 2011 in Oregon City, Oregon.  He had alzhiemers for many years as well as numerous health issues, but he outlived Grandma by 9 months.  He was the kindest, gentlest, sweetest man I've ever known and I loved him so much, my whole life.

I am so glad that he and my dear grandmother are together in heaven and I am so blessed to have the knowledge in my heart that he is restored and he remembers her and is with her and all his family. 

It is hard to lose all three of my anchors in such a short period of time, but I am surviving.  Ten or twenty years ago, I would not have survived losing even one of them, so my sadness is somewhat overcome by the victory of my growth.  Brian and Alicia have been so good to help me through all this, and of course their grief at losing these wonderful people is just as great as mine is.

1 comment:

jed-laura said...

You are strong. Reading this year in the scriptures for my seminary class has really strengthened my understanding of God's plan and my understanding of eternity. I think it is fitting to be very sad, but we also have much to be joyous about.

Love you- very much