Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Our First Blog!





Well we got to thinking that with everyone else having a blog, that maybe we ought to too. That way we can share pictures and stuff too. Not that we have a whole lot of super exciting stuff to say, just every now and then.

I don't know if you saw on the news or anything, but at 4:45 this morning and again a little after 5 am our Augustine volcano erupted. It send a plume of ash and stuff about 5 miles into the air, then the plume broke free and floated about the Cook Inlet for a little while before it disapated. They didn't get any recorded ash landings, so that is good. I went down to the beach about 12:30pm to see what I could see. I didn't get to see a lot, just some really weird colored clouds that I wasn't sure about. In the pictures you can kind of see that charcoal gray color of the clouds - that was the ash as near as I can tell.

Then around 2 the clouds disappeared, and I checked online and found that what I had been looking at was the ash cloud, so thought I would make those pictures the first ones I posted. I hope this all works. :)

According to the scientific people the volcano isn't done, it was just kind of clearing space. It is still on red alert and all. So we shall see. It's kind of a neat thing. We're all set in case anything happens anyway, nothing to really worry about. If it goes, we'll just lay low for a bit until it gets cleaned up.

Well, I hope you enjoy the blog! We love you all. A

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Welcome to the blogging world. It'll be fun to keep up with you this way. I'm going to have to break down and join in, too, sometime. The volcano erupting is pretty cool.

Love, Earlene

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Thanks for posting. We sure love you!

Anonymous said...

we like these blogs, it is a good way to send pictures and other info.

We love you-
Jed, Laura and Alli