Thursday, January 19, 2006

Scrapbooking

Today was a nice relaxed scrapbooking day. It is the 3rd Thursday, so we usually go to town to scrapbook with friends, but we weren't really up to that today, so mom and I just went upstairs and scrapped by ourselves. It was really nice. We are both working on books about ourselves, with a series of questions from a magazine we read (Creating Keepsakes); questions like: most influential people, Favorite hobbies, things nobody knows about me, etc. It's really nice to take the time to think about things like that.

Dad was working in town today, he was installing the new handrails at the church. They rebuilt the all the stairs at the church this fall, and he is doing the hand rails for that.

We are still looking for full time work. We are looking for jobs all over, right now we are looking at Vernal Utah, but haven't heard anything about it. It's a bit of a tough go right now, but we're working through it.

We had some nice snow today, real light and pretty, just enough to cover up the little bit of ash and dirt laying around.

We love you all. Hope you're doing good. Alicia

4 comments:

Joanna said...

Well now you just have to share some of the layouts you've done. I'd love to see them!

We'll keep you in our prayers as far as jobs go. It's such a tough thing to find jobs it seems. Good luck!

Love, Joanna

Anonymous said...

It is fun to see you guys excited about scrapbooking. Like Joanna says, we'd love to see some of your layouts. You could post them on here occasionally.

We also continue to pray for your success in finding a job. Paul is going through the same thing right now. I know that it can be frustrating. Hang in there!

Love, Earlene

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. What do you do when you get to yhr end of you rope? Tie a knot and hang on.Love yor blog and pictures. Love Grandma Marilyn

Anonymous said...

Ugh, job hunting, just about my least favorite thing in the world. . . I don't know if it will help you, but it always helped me to remind myself that I only needed ONE job, not ten, and that if a particular job didn't open up, it probably meant I would have been unhappy there anyway. But I know its a drag.

I'm glad you are scrapbooking and keeping busy in the meanwhile.

You are in our prayers, Love, Sandra