Thursday, March 09, 2006

Polka, Polka, Polka

So we get this TV channel called Rural Free Delivery TV and they have all kinds of really odd shows on there and one that I like to watch is the Big Joe Polka Show. It is really funny and campy and drives Alicia and Brian nuts when I make them watch it. Anyway, last night (in the middle of the night, of course) I was watching it and the host, Big Joe, mentioned something about "Polka promoters" and my life flashed before me and I realized I had finally found my true calling in life. I think we could put in a wood floor in the barn and bring in Polka talent from the midwest and have Polka/ salmon bake nights to attract the tourists. There is some resistance from other family members, But all true artists face opposition, so I am willing to suffer for my craft. Just wanted to keep everyone up to date on our lives. Charlotte

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alicia and I want in on this . since you guys are too old to swim in the olympics I thnk we should collet volcano ash.We could make ceramics. Ha !! ha!
Please pass it on that I am feeling better Long way to go to recovery but my heart so full of gratitude that it wasn't a stoke.
Love Mother

Anonymous said...

Just think; you could take pix of the folks doing the polka and eating the salmon (would you have costumes for rent?), and then transfer the photos to material and send them a memorial quilt, wallhanging, or pillow in six months (prepaid by credit card, of course).

Earlene could make her killer german chocolate cake.

I would run an advice booth.

We could make it a family affair!

(Actually, I remember a place on a country road on Kaui that was a lot like that--first we stopped for the Hawaiian BBQ chicken; then after a while we wandered over to the made to order liei tent; while we were waiting for our flowers we wandered over to another booth where we got a shave ice. Someplace along in there someone sang us a traditional hawaiian song) Love, S