Monday, May 29, 2006

Our newest garden spot





Here are some pictures of the house and yard. We planted the plants mom got for her birthday today, so thought I'd post some pictures. The tree in the middle, is a weeping Caragana, then we have 2 lilacs, 5-6 roses, 2 blueberries, a low bush cranberry, and a mock orange. We're going to be getting some more landscaping stuff to fill in the gaps and keep the weeds down, but we'll have to wait until we get up to Home Depot or something. But we are really pleased with how it turned out so far. I don't know if you can see them well, but dad and I cut 2 sand hill cranes out of a piece of rusty steel, and welded them a "leg" so they can stand up in the garden. They look so cool! Really realistic. I drew the pattern, then dad cut them out, ground off the sharp edges, and welded the leg. They turned out super cool. We're going to do some more tomorrow. Then I think we're going to cut out some other shapes too, like fish, moose, etc. Fun! If all goes well we'll put them in the farmer's market over the summer.

Happy Memorial Day Everyone! We love you all. Alicia

Oh, the gate up there is one that we made last year, me and dad together.

4 comments:

Joanna said...

That gate is so pretty - really cool. Sounds like fun summer projects to do too!

Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia, the gate and the cranes are really cool. I love twiggy gates like that.

Love to you, Sandra

Anonymous said...

I love the gate and birds and the ga4den as a whole it is really neat. Made me homesick to see all of you and share your treasures. Love Grandma Marilyn

The Rhiens said...

The garden spot is beautiful and I love the gate and the cranes. I bet you'll be able to sell a bunch of those. Very cool! :)

Love, Earlene