Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Welcome to the land of wedding food

Here's my Cake! I think it turned out really good. It had purple wax flowers, pink roses, red roses, babies breath, this pink flower that I'm not sure what it was called, purple daisy type flowers (we think they were asters), and dark red/purple snapdragons.

Here's mom! :)



Here's the hall as we were prepping. Carolee and Ashley (one of the young women) are in the background. In front is my cake! I'd just finished putting it together, and wanted to get a picture of everything getting ready. Those are the leftover flowers on the bottom right.





Here's a big pile of the food, all prepped up. We had strawberries (10 pounds), 4 watermelons, a box of Kiwi that were SOOOOO not ripe, broccoli, celery, red/orange/yellow bell peppers, carrots, and pineapples, plus olives and pickles.







Here are the brownie cakes. I circle cut big sheet pans of brownies, into two sizes, rolled the sides in powdered sugar, then stuck them together with chocolate frosting, then put another "C" on top. These got snapped up in a hurry! :)








Here's Aunt Shirley, helping with the prep stuff. Her and Autumn worked on the fruits and vegetables while I put the cookies and brownies together, and when I was doing the cake. They were invaluable. Then mom put the skewers together after they got the fruits all cut up.




Here's the sugar cookie wedding "cakes". I made them with 4 sugar cookies, held together with frosting, then put a "C" on top. I think they were my favorite dessert, but then I'm a sugar cookies girl. :)




4 comments:

The Rhiens said...

Yay! Pictures! I have been anxious to see pictures. Keep them coming. :) Everything looks great and yummy. The cake is BEAUTIFUL! Nice work.

Love, Earlene

Anonymous said...

The food looks wonderful,and so imaginative. The cake is beautiful. Me, I'm waiting to see the DRESS!. Much love, Sandra

Joanna said...

So glad you shared the pictures! The food looks delicious and you put so much work and time into it. Can't wait to see more photos.

Love, Joanna

jed-laura said...

We are really glad we have these blogs to share photos and memories so we can be closer to our family even though we live far away in Texas.

The whole evening must have been quite magical, it looks very nice. I can tell you worked very hard on it.

Pumpkin cake... mmmm.

-Jed Laura and Alli