Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I'm sitting here beside the door watching for Brian to pull in any second now - he is heading straight to work at the school, so I have his lunch ready and he'll run into work, but at least he is home. The kids are stopping in Soldotna, looking for suet to mix with the meat when we make the burger and then they will all be home.

While they were gone, I had the dog's bed in my room at the foot of my bed and she was very good. Then this morning, I knew they were on their way, so I moved it back into the living room and she is just freaking out - trying to figure out how to guard the whole house - she just goes from window to window barking fiercely at every little sound. I assume she will calm down when she realizes it isn't all up to her now. I love the way dogs know when to turn up the defenses.

thanks for all your prayers - Charlotte

3 comments:

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

thanks for keeping us posted

-P.

The Rhiens said...

We are so glad to hear that everyone made it safely back. Poor Brian...having to head off straight to work. I'll bet he will be so glad to finally get home. And I bet that you and the dog are glad to have everyone back, too.

Love, Earlene

Joanna said...

Whew - I bet Brian is exhausted! When I have been away i always feel like I need a whole vacation to settle back in at home - it's hard to just jump back into work.

And my dogs always freak me out when Cory is gone - they are over protective, and their barking at every little sound freaks me out a bit :)

Glad everyone will be back safe and sound.

Love, Joanna