Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Hunters have landed

Well, after much anxious waiting and pleading and praying and calling, I finally got the call at noon that the hunters had been rescued from the woods and were landed in Tok. The meat is at another airport, so they are waiting for it to be delivered to Tok and then they will all be on their way home.

There was a lot of behind the scenes drama that one of the hunting party created by freaking out and demanding that they send in the National Guard to get them this weekend. It's pretty funny, but caused some hard feelings with the air charter people, who happen to be our friends, so hopefully that can get ironed out. I'm pretty sure they realize it wasn't Brian who was making those annoying freaked out phone calls. We have such a history with these guys - the original owners had kids in school with Alicia in Tok, I taught several of them. Anyway, everyone is one their way home, I think. Love, Charlotte

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! I am still wating for your book on Alaska!! I sent up a lot of prayers and put Brian's name on the temple rolls. I believe when they come rolling in the driveway you will be a happy camper. love mother and Grandma Marilyn