Thursday, August 28, 2008

Time out for Women

For those of you who don't know - Deseret Book plans a few events around the country that bring some of their favorite authors and musicians to different locations for those who can't get into Utah for BYU women's conference and education weeks.

For the first time, they are coming to Anchorage. We are so excited - I'm more excited than Alicia because I've been wanting to go to the other events, but haven't been able to. Anyway - it is next weekend. About 25 women from our ward are going up. Alicia and I are going up the day before so I can rest and not be too tired from the trip. Also, a lot of the women are rooming together, but we are staying in a different hotel - again, more for my health than for any other reason. It will be much quieter and restful.

Almost all of us are doing a temple session together on the morning before the conference - looking forward to that. We are a close ward and it will be like a giant family temple session.

The speakers that are scheduled are Sheri Dew, S.Michael Wilcox, Emily watts, and Ardeth Kapp. I can't remember the rest - these 4 are 4 of my all time favorite authors and speakers, so I am really psyched.

Two other events that weekend we are looking forward to is that a REALLY good friend of ours moved to Anchorage last year and they wanted a baby so badly and they were suddenly chosen by a young woman to adopt her baby - and we are all sooooooooo excited to see the baby and share in the joy. I actually think that the baby has not yet touched a piece of furniture or bed - I think she has been held since she got home from the hospital . :) We love the blog, Amanda.

And the other event is that our Alaska Permanent Fund checks are coming out a month early - it is one of the largest checks they have ever issued AND our governor got us all an energy rebate. And it is all coming to us the week after we are in Anchorage, so we can spend it while we are there. YAY !! Giant shopping trip !

It will be a full week - but lots of fun and spiritually and emotionally upbuilding experiences.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so excited for you I love Sherri dew and Ardeth too.Have a great week. You both deserve it.. I am feeling better and doing good. Love Mother