Sunday, January 18, 2009

Apple Cart Upside Down

Our ward played "Apple Cart Upside Down" today. We have a new bishopric - Bishop Greenmun (Fran Evarts father), Brother Jimenez (sorry, I know that isn't spelled right - I'll fix it later), and Brother Trimble. Brian was released as Elder's Quorum president. He was tired - he's been in the EQ presidency or the bishopric for 7 years. I was teasing him that they would call him to be cub scout leader, but I just read the Clutts' blog and I think they have the cub scouts covered, so that's good. Brian really isn't a fan of the boy scout program - I blame the boy scouts in Joseph, I'm sure Blake will agree.

We don't have a Relief Society President - they changed her to Young Womens a month ago and have just left her post blank since then.

We are still hoping to form a branch here in Anchor Point. We have at least 10 active priesthood holders in the winter and have 30 or 40 in the summer. Our ward covers an area that is 100 miles of road from one end to the other. Makes home and visiting teaching a journey - not to mention the ward members that can only be reached by snow machine or argo.

Well, we will keep you posted. We added another abandoned dog to our house today, but 2 labs are toooooooo many ! ! ! ! Anybody around here need a really nice dog?? She's really sweet, but I just don't know that our house is big enough for 2 big dogs.

Well, I gotta go - Luke just blew up the Death Star so it must be time for me to go to bed. (I'm watching the original, purist version, of course). there is no way that Jabba the Hut was agile enough to walk around los Isley....
NIGHT !!!

3 comments:

Our son Kade said...

I totally agree, there is no way Jabba was agile enough to walk around like that, not to mention that he was way smaller there than he is in actuality.

I still say that Luke is a total pansy. Chewbaca and Hans Solo totally make the movie.

Blake said...

Han shot first. He was a scoundrel, so he shot first. It makes his redemption at that end that much more meaningful.

jed-laura said...

ahh, starts wars, a classic.

Two labs, eh? I had a black lab as a kid, my mom got sick of trying to get us to take care of our own dog and gave him away while we were at school one day.

I guess we deserved that, but I feel bad for our dog!