Saturday, March 25, 2006

More Volcano!


I love these two picures. They are from the 24th, and in them, pretty much right in the center you can see the flows that came down the mountain. That is just so cool to me!! We've gotten to see the mountain a few times over the last week or two, since the weather is a little better now that Spring is coming. Although, it did snow today, so spring is taking its sweet time to get here. :) Oh well, I'm sure it will be all the better for having to wait for it.

I have been spending some time this week working on plans to open a catering business with a friend from church; Autumn and I went to high school together. So that has been keeping me busy. We've been looking around trying to find a good location. We have been to look at two places, both of which would take as much to fix for our needs as it would take to build a new setup just how we wanted it. We still have a couple of options left before we have to decide. We have a few "contracts" already, so that is great. Mostly this summer we will be starting with making baked goods to sell. Fun! We have some really good ideas for what we want to do.

Other than that, not much is going on around here. We've been having fun learning how to use Ebay. I've been looking for jewelry, and we've been buying/bidding on a set of books that dad has been wanting. They are about the man-eating leopards and tigers of India. So that has been fun for all of us to poke around and see what we could find on ebay. Wow - anything you could possibly ever think of needing is on ebay. Its amazing!

Oh, I should have explained in my earlier post what vintage meant to me. I would say it means pretty much anything before the 1960's or so (maybe early 70's, I'm not sure). Mostly I like stuff thats earlier than the 60's, from the 20's-50s-ish or before. Its not really a hard and fast rule, but that's kind of an approximate guess to me. I'm still just learning. :)

Well, we love you all and hope you're doing good! Alicia

No comments: